Guatemala participates in seven thematic areas (social policies, employment policies, public finance, social dialogue, decentralisation, democratic institutions, and justice) and in nine lines of action. Among others, the following initiatives supported by EUROsociAL are noteworthy:
- Support to the Ministry of Social Development in the preparation of operational manuals for the organisation of the main social programmes
- Support to the Superintendency of Tax Administration in the creation of Accounting and Tax Support Centres (NAF) to support low-income legal persons and individuals (Brazilian model).
- Support to the Economic and Social Council (ESC) in the preparation of a socio-economic report
- Support to the Planning and Programming Secretariat of the Office of the President (SEGEPLAN) in the implementation of the Territorial Economic Development Strategy approved by the government, and in the design of an urban development policy within the framework of establishment of a network of sustainable cities.
- Support to the Public Defender's Office, providing it with a specialised entity for monitoring the penal execution phase through definition of a comprehensive model of attention to incarcerated persons.
Guatemala's Superintendency of Tax Administration receives expert advising on e-invoicing within the framework of the EUROsociAL Programme
With this new step towards technological modernisation with the support of EUROsociAL, the SAT aims to reduce costs, provide procedures for compliance, and increase fiscal control over business operations in the country
EUROsociAL supports the implementation of the territorial economic development and competitiveness strategy at Department of Zacapa, Guatemala
The policies in the framework of the national development plan “K’atun – Nuestra Guatemala 2013” has been advancing throughout the country