Honduras is one of the countries that most actively participates in the programme, specifically in six thematic areas (social policies, employment policies, public finance, social dialogue, regional development, and justice) and in nine lines of action, where some of the most noteworthy results in social cohesion are being achieved.
The programme's support to some initiatives should be noted:
Support to the State Secretariat of Social Development in the design of the public policy for the exercise of rights by and social inclusion of the disabled population.
Definition of a national policy for assistance to the elderly.
Creation of a protocol that establishes a system of action guidelines to improve the response of the different institutions involved (judicial, law enforcement, tax, health, social and educational areas).
Creation of a non-formal justice centre for women victims of gender-based violence.
Creation of a mixed commission between the Ministry of Planning and the Ministry of Finance for plan-budget linking.
At the regional level, Honduras participates in the Latin American Regional Development Network, the Economic and Social Councils Network for Latin America and the Caribbean (CESALC) and the Tax Education Network. It also participated in the first meeting of the Ibero-American Tax Policy Network.
- Comprehensive focus against gender-based violence.Supporting comprehensive care to women who are victims of violence in Honduras
- Reform of the National Employment Service of Honduras.Honduras launches new programmes for the labour integration of young people
- Honduran ESC. The Honduran ESC law: seeking dialogue and consensus in times of crisis.
- Centre for attention to and promotion of rights for women: Overcoming the barriers that separate institutions from women victims of violence in Honduras.
- Tax Education Centres. The university is building bridges between the tax agency and citizens
The Delegation from the European Union, together with EUROsociAL, organised the Honduras Country-Encounter to analyse the advances made and to orient actions for the upcoming phase of the programme
The Programme included the participation of the Honduran institutions that the Programme has been assisting in recent years.
EUROsociAL supports strategic results of the Transparency and Access to Public Information Network (RTA)
Within the framework of the 11th RTA meeting in Tegucigalpa, the results of EUROsociAL's work with the network