Uruguay participates in six thematic areas (Health, Social Policies, Education, Citizen Security, Justice, and Public Finance) and nine lines of action of the EUROsociAL programme, with the most noteworthy advances being the following:
- Implementation of a health equity monitoring system and support for training in human resources in health.
- The design of guidelines for review of the Programme for Assistance to Homeless Persons (Adults).
- Support to the Ministry of Education and Culture and to the National Public Education Agency for development of a unified and integrated system of monitoring of student progress and to combat early school leaving.
- Design of inter-ministerial coordination tools and tools for coordination between the central and local levels, and curricular design for training on violence-prevention policies.
- Improvement of its taxpayer registry (with the DGI) to strengthen fiscal control and expand the tax base.
At the regional level, Uruguay participates in the Latin American Regional Development Network, led by Brazil and supported by EUROsociAL, ECLAC and the OECD, and in the working group for measuring health equity.
- Information system for education.An informative, unified and integrated system for education in Uruguay
- Comprehensive polices for homeless people. Towards comprehensive polices for the homeless in Latin America
- Information and assistance for taxpayers. The Internal Revenue Service (DGI) of Uruguay opts for a new model for quality care
- Monitoring system for health equity.Towards a more equitable healthcare system in Uruguay
Early and Forever After: Uruguay presents its National Care Plan for Early Childhood, prepared with the support of EUROsociAL
On 3rd December, the 2016-2020 National Care Plan for Early Childhood of the National Care System, prepared with the support of EUROsociAL, was presented
EUROsociAL – RTA project experience exchange workshop in Uruguay
With the support of the European Union's EUROsociAL Programme, the Transparency and Access to Public Information Network (RTA) held its 10th International Meeting in the city of Punta del Este, Uruguay on 18th and 19th November