Brazil participates in six thematic areas (Social Policies, Regional Development, Public Finance, Social Dialogue, Democratic Governance, and Justice) and in a total of nine actions. It also contributes one coordinating partner, the National School of Public Administration (ENAP in its Portuguese acronym), and one operational partner, the School of Tax Administration (ESAF in its Portuguese acronym) in the area of Public Finance.
Brazil's leadership is important in EUROsociAL not only for the processes being supported but also because, within the framework of South-South cooperation promoted by the programme, learning from the Brazilian experience is key for all other Latin American countries. The maturity of its processes can also be seen in the type of support provided by the programme. Typically this is occasional support to strategic processes in which Brazilian understand very clearly which experiences they want to learn about, with a very positive assessment of the cooperation modes offered by EUROsociAL.
In this sense, as a "transferring" country, Brazil's participation has been key in the following initiatives for example:
- The Ministry of Social Development supported the Colombian Department for Social Prosperity in the preparation of a CONPES document for the organisation of all conditional transfer programmes.
- The Federal Revenue is supporting the creation of Accounting and Tax Support Centres for low-income legal persons and individuals, particularly in Costa Rica.
- The Brazilian Economic and Social Development Council (CDES), one of the most institutionalised in Latin America, is sharing its experience with the rest of the countries.
- Brazil is a reference in the component of community justice as an alternative dispute resolution mechanism for the rest of the countries in Latin America.
- The EU and other countries in Latin America are interested in the experience of the Associations for Protection and Assistance to Convicts of the State of Minas Gerais as alternative penal systems oriented towards social reintegration.
- Cidade de Deus House of Rights in Brazil. Bringing rights to and facilitating the exercise of citizenship in Cidade de Deus, Brazil.
- Productive activities in incarceration facilities. Working for the reintegration and employment of incarcerated persons in Brazil.
- Tax Education Centres. The university is building bridges between the tax agency and citizens
Tax Support Centres for assisting low-income individuals consolidate their growth in Latin American universities
EUROsociAL and Brazil's tax administration, the Receita Federal, promoted the creation of 130 university-based Accounting and Tax Support Centres in seven Latin America countries. 1,404 students have provided 26,000 free consultations to citizens
Filming of a segment on the work of EUROsociAL for broadcast on RTVE's Informe Semanal
Vulnerable neighbourhoods in Rio de Janeiro were the location for filming projects related to access to justice, combating racism, and the fight against gender violence
- Conselho de Desenvolvimento Econômico e Social (CDES)
- Ministério da Integração Nacional
- Ministério do Planejamento, Orçamento e Gestão
- Ministério do Desenvolvimento Social e Combate à Fome (MDS)
- Ministério da Previdência Social (MPS)
- Ministério da Educação
- Ministério do Trabalho e Emprego (MTE)
- Ministerio Público Federal
- Ministerio da Justiça
- Ministério da Fazenda
- Instituto Nacional de Estudos e Pesquisas Educacionais Anísio Teixeira (INEP)