EUROsociAL is supporting various significant reforms in Colombia in different thematic areas such as health, employment, public finance, democratic institutions, regional development and citizen security. Of these, the following are worth mentioning
- Support for reform of the national pharmaceutical policy, working in the area of prescribing.
- Support for the establishment of a new national agency for employment services.
- Strengthening of the implementation of the "Cer0 a Siempre" strategy through support to the Colombian Institute for Family Welfare.
- Support to the Directorate-General for the National Public Budget with activities oriented towards the reform and modernisation of the Colombian budget system.
- Support in the implementation of the Transparency and Right to Public Information Act.
The role of Colombia is also noteworthy in "triangular" cooperation policies in which Colombia has shared relevant experiences with other countries in the region. The following, among others, are worth mentioning:
- Metropolis management, with Bolivia.
- The institutional model for transparency, with Paraguay.
- Experience in the area of legal orientation for victims of gender violence, with Argentina and Honduras.
- The national childcare system, with Costa Rica.
- The national system for monitoring health equity, with Uruguay and Peru.
At the regional level, Colombia is a member of the Latin American Regional Development Network led by Brazil and supported by EUROsociAL, ECLAC and the OECD Development Centre.
- Systematization of cross-cutting competencies. Cross-cutting competencies: skills for social inclusion and employment of vulnerable population. A measurement system adapted to the Colombian context.
- Public policy to prevent adolescent adn juvenile crime. Addressing the issues related to crime in Colombia
- Public employment centres network. Expanding occupational opportunities for the most vulnerable groups in Colombia
- Primary health care model: access and quality, the challenges of the new primary health care model in Colombia
- Implementation of the anti-corruption policy. Dealing with the challenge of transparency and the fight against corruption in Colombia
The country meeting in Colombia highlights the level of results obtained and the commitment to the second phase of EUROsociAL
This was expressed by the Colombian institutions participating in this pilot meeting organised jointly by APC-Colombia, FIIAPP, IILA, CISP and the European Union Delegation in Colombia
Encuentros que promueven el diálogo
Colombia es el primero de siete países de América Latina que se reúne con la Delegación de la Unión Europea en el país para hacer un balance de EUROsociAL
- Presidencia de la República
- Ministerio de Trabajo
- Ministerio de Salud y de la Protección Social
- Ministerio de Protección Social
- Departamento para la Prosperidad Social (DPS)
- Agencia Nacional para la Superación de la Pobreza Extrema (ANSPE)
- Ministerio de Justicia y del Derecho
- Ministerio de Hacienda y Crédito Público
- Ministerio de Educación Nacional (MEN)