Costa Rica participates very actively in EUROsociAL and is advancing towards tangible results in almost all thematic areas. The support of EUROsociAL for key policies in education, social and employment policies, finance, decentralisation and justice are particularly notable. The main advances are the following:
- Implementation in secondary education of the "Education for Comprehensive Emotional Health and Sexuality".
- Approval of a single model of management and administration for care centres in the national care network (RedCUDI).
- Improvement of budgetary structures and programmes, including a methodology for determining the unit cost of products (public goods and services).
- Creation of Accounting and Tax Support Centres (NAF) to support low-income legal persons and individuals (Brazilian model).
- Incorporation of the territorial focus of the National Development Plan and implementation of awareness and political advocacy strategies for institutionalising a Regional and Cohesion Policy in Costa Rica.
- Design of action (and coordination) protocols and training of judicial actors to improve access to justice. Target vulnerable group: persons with auditory and psycho-social disabilities.
- State policy for regional development. Reducing territorial divisions in Costa Rica
- National strategy for regional development. “Bridge to development”, the strategy to fight against poverty in Costa Rica
- Comprehensive atention to incarcerated woman.The Costa Rican Public Defender is committed to the resocialisation of incarcerated women
- Tax Education Centres. The university is building bridges between the tax agency and citizens
EUROsociAL advises Costa Rica's Ministry of Finance on international best practices on transparency and information exchange for tax purposes
Costa Rica moves forward in the creation of a Register of Shareholders
Inter-agency meeting with EUROsociAL in Costa Rica: results review and perspectives
The fourth of the seven meetings planned to analyse the results achieved with the contributions of the EUROsociAL Programme and outline orientations for the next phase was held in Costa Rica