Paraguay participates in five thematic areas (Social Policies, Employment, Education, Public Finance, Justice) and nine lines of action of the programme.
Some noteworthy initiatives in which EUROsociAL is collaborating:
- Design of lines of action for a public policy of attention to homeless persons, particularly children.
- Construction of a National Professional Qualifications System through creation of a catalogue of professional profiles, a skills certification and validation system, and the draft law on the legal framework.
- Implementation of communication services through installation of video-conferencing systems in prisons so that incarcerated persons can communicate more easily with their lawyers.
Salvadoran authorities visited Paraguay's social action secretariat in the interest of strengthening their social protection system "El Salvador includes me"
This programme plans to continue providing benefits to the current beneficiaries (65,000 users) and pensions to elderly adults
The European Union Delegation and EUROsociAL present the main challenges and results achieved in Paraguay
Paraguayan institutions presented progress in the work lines developed under the EUROsociAL Programme
- Ministerio Público
- Poder Judicial
- Presidencia de la República
- Ministerio de Hacienda
- Ministerio de Salud Pública y Bienestar Social (MSPBS)
- Ministerio de la Mujer
- Ministerio de Justicia y Trabajo (MJT)
- Secretaría Técnica de Planificación del Desarrollo Económico y Social (STP)
- Ministerio de Educación y Cultura (MEC)